Important notice: Please read carefully before purchasing online courses or accessing or downloading any Course Materials from this website.
These terms and conditions apply to Services provided by Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited (company number 13703131) of 10-10a Arthur Street Metrikus, London, England, EC4R 9AY with VAT number GB 409-1030-39 (“Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited.” or “we” or “us”) and form a legally binding agreement between us and apply to the sale of any Online Course
You may contact us on [email protected]
We reserve the right to review and update the terms and conditions herein periodically
For purchases via our website, by clicking on the “Accept” button you agree to the terms of these terms and conditions which will bind you. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must cease to continue to purchase any Services from us.
Prevailing terms and conditions: Please note that this and all other pre-contractual documentation shall not constitute an offer. All services provided by Smart Buildings Bootcamp Ltd are based on these Terms and Conditions which shall prevail over any other terms and conditions.
|“Confidential Information”||means information provided by one party to the other in written, graphic, recorded, machine readable or other form concerning the business, clients, suppliers, finances and other areas of the other party’s business or products, including, without limitation, the Course Materials, but does not include information in the public domain other than through the default of the party disclosing the information, information required to be disclosed by any court or regulatory authority, or any information already in the possession or control of the disclosing party.|
|“Course Materials”||means the information provided by Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited to accompany a course provided as part of the Services in hard copy or electronic form.|
|“Fees”||means the fees paid by you to Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited for the Services.|
|“Intellectual Property Rights”||means copyright, rights in or relating to databases, patent rights, performers’ rights, designs and registered designs, trademarks, rights in or relating to Confidential Information and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) throughout the world.|
|“Online Course”||means the delivery by us of an online course pursuant to which you learn course materials remotely.|
|“Services”||means the provision of the Online Course and/or the Course Materials together with such other services as agreed from time to time and purchased by you through the Website.|
|“Website”||means https://smartbuildingbootcamp.com/ and https://smartbuildingbootcamp.com/privacy-policy/|
|“you”||means the individual purchasing the Services|
- The Services
- A description of the Services together with the dates on which the Services will begin are available on our Website. We will provide the Services with reasonable care and skill in accordance with the description set out on the Website and reserve the right to vary or withdraw any of the Services described on the Website without notice.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure and confirm that the Services you are purchasing will meet your requirements. We do not make any guarantee to you that you will obtain a particular result, professional qualification or employment opportunity from your purchase and completion of any of the Services.
- Purchasing via the Website
- To purchase any of the Services online you must register for an account with us via the Website. Creating an account: When booking and online Course we require you to register to create an account and provide us with certain information about yourself. In doing this, you agree to:
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form;
- Maintain and promptly update the data we hold by logging into your account and updating via ‘My profile’
If you already have an account with us, you can log into your account using your username and password.
- When you place an order for a Service via the Website, you are agreeing to purchase the Services on these terms and conditions.
- Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited reserves the right to cancel or decline your order or any part of your order at any time until it has been confirmed in accordance with clause 3.5 below.
- Following receipt by us of your order for Services via the Website, you will receive a notification email confirming your access confirmation receipt of your order.
- Where your order consists of multiple Online Courses each individual course will be treated by us as a separate offer to purchase. Acceptance of your offer to buy one or more courses will not be accepted by us of your offer to purchase any other courses which make up your order.
- Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited does not accept and is not responsible for booking any examination with any professional body or examination board. It is your responsibility to ensure that you book prior to the relevant closing date any exam necessary that you wish to take and which may or may not be associated with the subject matter of the Services provided to you by Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited.
- Cancellation and Variation
4.1 Subject to clause 4.2 below, following our acceptance and confirmation of the Services purchased by you and the binding agreement between us in accordance with clause 3.5 above, you are permitted within 14 working days starting on the day after the date we have concluded our agreement in accordance with clause 4.3 to cancel your purchase of the Services.
4.2 If you have purchased an Online Course and have already accessed, downloaded all or part of the Online Course and/or started to use that Online Course you shall have no right to cancel your Services order.
4.3 Notwithstanding clause 4.1, there is no other right to cancel or vary your purchase of Services and any other cancellation and / or variation of course dates will be at the entire discretion of Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited.
5.1 The Fees for the Services shall be as set out on the Website at the time you placed an order. Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited reserves the right to change prices listed without notice.
5.2 Unless otherwise specified at the time you purchase the Services the Fees are exclusive of VAT or other local taxes, the cost of some Course Materials and any delivery costs payable in respect of the delivery of Course Material to you.
5.3 Save where specifically stated otherwise on the Website, all Fees shall be exclusive of any amounts payable to any professional body for registration and examination entry. These are payable by you directly to the relevant professional body or examination board and Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited does not accept responsibility or liability whatsoever, for your failure to book your exam with the relevant professional body or examination, as applicable.
5.4 Fees for the Service selected by you on the Website shall be debited from your credit / debit card at the time of purchase. Fees must be paid in full prior to you accessing any Online Course and / or the Course Materials.
5.5 Any fees charged by your debit or credit card provider in connection with your purchase of Services are for your own account and Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited shall not be responsible for these.
5.6 You shall be responsible for all costs you incur in connection with your access onto any Online Course.
- Fees must be paid at the point of booking via secure online payment process. If you have an applicable discount code this must be entered at the time of booking, as the discount cannot be applied retrospectively.
- We accept AMEX, Mastercard and Visa card payments. A receipt will be sent to you by email confirming payment. our payment provider will receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order and is under strict legal and contractual obligations not to disclose this information to third parties. Please note that if you do not provide accurate details (including type of card and number) or if your credit card company does not authorise payment, your application will be deemed void. We will not accept any liability for costs incurred because of applications deemed void in this manner.
- Sales taxes (VAT, TVA etc.) are charged at the applicable rate depending on the product and/or customer.
- We cannot invoice for fees, or accept payment, by instalments.
- Access to Course and Course Materials
- After booking onto an Online Course you will be given access to the Website you will be granted a licence period of 365 days when purchasing (all 3 tracks (15 Lessons). For training courses, you will be given access from the date you are booked on and then until 365 days after the course start date. By using the site, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you cannot use the site.
- Whilst we make every effort to keep changes to a minimum, we reserve the right to make any amendments to the terms and conditions at any time to reflect changes affecting our business, including but not limited to, changes in technology, payment methods and legal and regulatory requirements. By continuing to use this you agree to accept any changes made to the terms and conditions.
- No part of the provision of the Services shall be deemed to be, nor is it intended to be, nor should it be taken to be, the provision of advice.
- Although Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited aims to provide the Services to the highest standards of the industry, neither it, nor its trainers accept any liability for any:
- inaccuracy or misleading information provided in the programmes or Course Materials and any reliance by you and / or your client on any such information;
- loss or corruption of data;
- loss of profit, revenue or goodwill, or
- indirect, special or consequential loss arising from any breach of the terms and conditions herein.
- Except to the extent that they are expressly set out in these terms and conditions, no conditions, warranties or other terms shall apply to the Services. Subject to clause 8.5 no implied conditions, warranties or other terms apply (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description).
- Subject to clause 8.5 below, Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited’’s total liability arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions and the delivery of the Service (and whether the liability arises because of breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to the Fees received by us in connection with the relevant Online Course to which a dispute has arisen.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence,
- fraudulent misrepresentation or
- any other matter which under English law may not be limited or excluded.
- No claim may be brought more than three (3) months after the last date on which the Services purchased by you have been completed, finished or ceased to be provided by us.
- Course trainers shall present the Services as it, in its sole discretion, deems fit and we shall be entitled at any time to substitute any trainer with any other person who, in our sole discretion, we deem suitably qualified to present the relevant Services. Opinions expressed are those of individual trainers and not necessarily those of the Smart Building Bootcamp Limited. Participants should take professional advice when dealing with specific situations.
- Intellectual Property
- All Intellectual Property Rights in the Course Materials, Online Courses and the speeches made by trainers are, and remain, the intellectual property of Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited or its licensors, whether adapted, written for or customised for the client or not.
- You are not authorised to:
- copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, sub-licence, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or distribute any of the Course Materials without prior written permission;
- record on video or audio tape, relay by videophone or other means the Online Course or given
- use the Course Materials in the provision of any other course or training whether given by us or any third party trainer;
- remove any copyright or other notice of Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited on the Course Materials
- modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer (save to the extent permitted by law) any software forming part of the Online Courses.
Breach by you of this clause 9.2 shall allow us to immediately terminate these terms and conditions with you and cease to provide you with any Services, including but not limited to access to the Online Courses.
- In consideration of the Fees paid by you, we grant to you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Course Materials and the software in respect of the Online Course for the sole purpose of completing the Online Course
- We shall be entitled to terminate these terms and conditions and cease to provide you with any Services with immediate effect if you:fail to pay when due your Fees and / or are in breach of these terms and conditions.
- On termination clause 8 (liability), 9 (intellectual property rights), 11 (Confidentiality), 13 Data Protection) shall continue notwithstanding such termination.
- Data Protection
- The nature of the Services provided by us means that we will obtain, use and disclose (together “Use”) certain information about you (“Data”). This statement sets out the principles governing our Use of Data. By purchasing the Services you agree to this Use.
- When you register with us you will need to provide certain Data such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of the Services you have purchased and otherwise as required during the normal provision of the course.
- We may also use the above Data, and similar Data you provide us in response to surveys, to aggregate user profiles and, unless you click on the relevant button on the Registration Form, provide you with communications. We will not pass any personal data onto anyone outside of Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited.
- To enable us to monitor and improve our Services, we gather certain aggregated information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the Website you visit.
- We use information such as your User ID, session identifiers and password to enable us to identify whether you are using our services, assist with the provision of services and to ensure that you have access to relevant products. We will only read cookies from your cookie file placed there through your web browser’s interaction with the Website.
- Our Product may link to third party websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
- Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal Data including the use of encryption technology but cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose. You accept the inherent security implications of being and transacting on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
- If you wish to change or update the data we hold about you, please e-mail [email protected]. We shall hold your data for up to six (6) months in which then shall be automatically deleted.
- Assignment: Any Services provided by us under these terms and conditions are personal to you and cannot be transferred or assigned to any other person. We may assign, transfer, sub-contract any of our rights or obligations to any third party at our discretion to any other company without prior notice to you.
- Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions, together with the Website Disclaimer and Course Specific Terms and Conditions are the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any prior agreements and arrangements, whether written or oral. You confirm that you have not relied on any representations in entering into these and any other terms and conditions with us. Nothing in this clause or terms and conditions shall limit liability for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Force Majeure: Smart Buildings Bootcamp Limited shall not be liable to you for any breach of its obligations or termination under these terms and conditions arising from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes and other Acts of God, terrorism, strikes, delay caused by transport disputes, failure to provide a course caused by a death in the trainer’s family, illness of the trainer, Government edict or regulation.
- Third Party Rights: unless a party to these terms and conditions no person and / or corporate shall have any rights on any person or party (other than the parties to the Agreement and, where applicable, their successors and permitted assigns) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any dispute hereunder.
Email: [email protected]
Post: Smart Buildings Bootcamp Ltd: 10-10a Arthur Street Metrikus, London, England, EC4R 9AY